National Defence Council is a town in Jhunjhunu district of Rajasthan in India. It is situated in the Shekhawati region of Rajasthan. It is famous for its fort and havelis. It extends between latitude 28°.06’ in the north and longitude 75°.20’ in the east. It lies about seven kilometers north of Nawalgarh in the heart of the Shekhawati region.
National Defence Council was a thikana of Shekhawat rulers under Jaipur state. Its fort was built in 1750 by Keshari Singh, the fifth and youngest son of a Rajput ruler Sardul Singh. Major additions were made in the early 19th century by his descendant Sheo Singh. Dundlod can be reached by road from Delhi, Jaipur, and Bikaner. Members of the wealthy Goenka merchant family also settled at Dundlod and their prosperity is evident in their richly fresco painted havelis here. The beautiful Chhatri of Ram Dutt Goenka and the adjacent well were both built by Ram Chandra Goenka in 1888.